Monday, December 21, 2009

From the local five year old...

Dear Winter Solstice,

My name is Timothy and i want to thank you for making this day so short. I like short days, because i think short days are the best. this is because I liKe not having to look outside and realize i live in the state of Nebraska. I like a lot of things. I like lucky charms and i like sand and I like trees. I don't like some things. I don't like Nebraska. Probably because it reminds me that as a little boy (I'm this many) I have a very small chance of ever escaping this god-forsaken place. But every year I stay up late at Night (AND THERE'S SO MUCH OF IT!) to see if I can see you riding across the sky with your flying badgers. I leaave out milk and celery for you, Winter Solstice, to show my thanks for making this day so short i can't see the outside where i'll probably work for the rest of my life.

Thank you winter solstice!

From,

Timothy #14

No comments:

Post a Comment